Read full article: https://www.commercialdehydrators.ca/post/an-overview-of-the-north-american-pet-treat-industry-commercial-dehydrators
– The North American pet food industry dominates 37 per cent of the global pet food market.
– The industry is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4 percent to USD35.9 billion from 2017 to 2022.
– Similar to an increasing appetite for premium treat and snack products for human consumption amongst consumers, this has filtered through to the pet treat industry.
– Today, more than ever before, pets are seen as part of the family and pet owners want to feed their animals high-quality pet food.
– Significant opportunity exists for entrepreneurial dehydrated pet food producers to capitalise on consumer demand for high quality, organic pet food and treats.